My pre board examination just ended and I have a small break in which to indulge myself in before school resumes. And indulging in chocolate pudding is what I’ll do. So ditch the artificial pudding mix and get ready to learn to make homemade smooth and creamy chocolate pudding with me to delight your senses.
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 113g dark chocolate bar cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, mix the sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder, salt and milk and transfer the stovetop at medium-low heat. Whisk all the ingredients together. It is better if you prepare all the ingredients before beginning, because once the pudding boils, we need to act quickly.
- Keep whisking constantly. Do not increase the heat, the pudding must gradually reach boiling point or else it wouldn’t have the desired consistency. It may take several minutes. Once it boils, whisk for 60 seconds, set a timer if necessary, and remove from heat.
- Immediately add the chocolate, butter and vanilla extract and whisk constantly until they melt. Then, whisk frequently for 15 minutes. Pour the mixture into a bowl. To eliminate all lumps, pour through a mesh sieve. To avoid foaming on the skin, cover with a clear plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours.
Pour into bowls and enjoy!